Only with the help of volunteers can our libraries truly fulfill their literacy goals.
Volunteers promote reading and learning – helping to build in individuals, a lifetime of literacy skills. Volunteers strengthen our voice as library advocates – when we keep libraries open and functioning at a high level, we help grow a smarter, stronger community.
FOSPL VOLUNTEERS WORK IN MANY AREAS INCLUDING:
Help develop campaigns to build a sustainable membership.
Encourage individuals, families, and local businesses to become members.
Help build a Circle of FRIENDS!
BIG BOOK SALES
Annual Book Sales create opportunities for books to be reused, recycled, and reread at affordable prices. Thousands of dollars are generated to support library programs and events that might otherwise not happen.
Volunteer Jobs at Book Sales include:
- Box Movers: –you must be able to lift at least 30 lbs
- Table Monitors: organize books on tables and maintain table order
- Floaters: help customers find items and answer inventory questions
- Cashiers: take cash, make change and generally handle payments
- Baggers: assist customers, put books in containers and transport to cars, etc.
For people who love books, enjoy interacting with the public, and with other volunteers, working in the bookstore is a great way to have fun while serving your community. You can contribute as few as 3 hours a week. FOSPL will provide training in inventory maintenance, sorting, shelving, cashiering and building your skills in working with the public.
Join us in making good things happen at our libraries!